Environmental protection is a basic commitment for GAIA Technical S.A. In this context, it implements any possible measure and procedure to minimize the negative environmental impacts and maximize the positive environmental aspects throughout its activity. Fully embracing its corporate philosophy, it applies an Environmental Management System in accordance with the international standard ISO 14001:2015 and has adopted a proactive approach to the environmental protection, continuously reviewing the goals and objectives of its strategy.
The environmental policy of the company focuses on the following principles:
- Compliance with the applicable legal and other requirements, under environmental legislation.
- Environmental education of the employees through action programs, to achieve specific environmental targets.
- Improvement of the overall environmental behavior, particularly as regards preventing environmental pollution and addressing exceptional risks.
- Reducing quantities but also hazardousness of the waste generated.
- Safe handling and disposal of hazardous waste generated.
- Saving natural resources by reusing and recycling materials.
- Informing personnel about the environmental performance of the company.
- Establishing the concept of ecological sensitivity and environmental vision.
The company’s management, in cooperation with the person responsible for the environmental management, ensure that the documented procedures of the environmental management system are fully understood by all human resources of the company, and are implemented and observed at all levels of the organisational structure and all stages of the production process.